Frequently Asked Questions - How to solve Internet connection problems?
Do the following if The Uncorked Cellar ® cannot connect to the Internet on your computer:
1. Adjust your firewall settings
Strict firewall settings are the most common reason for Internet connection problems. so make sure you have added The Uncorked Cellar to the list of allowed programs in your firewall so that it can connect to the Internet.
Any firewall you use must be configured to allow The Uncorked Cellar access.
- Most firewalls will ask you whether to allow a program to connect to the Internet.
- It's important that you always grant The Uncorked Cellar access.
- If you deny access, you must go into the firewall's configuration program and re-allow access.
- Even when disabled, some firewalls may still deny access.
Here is some firewall-specific information:
Try removing The Uncorked Cellar from Windows Firewall's exceptions list, and re-adding it.
- Close The Uncorked Cellar
- Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall
- General tab - Make sure the firewall is switched on and "Don't allow exceptions" is unchecked.
- Exceptions tab - Find the The Uncorked Cellar entry and delete it.
- Check the box next to "Display a notification when Windows Firewall blocks a program".
- Click "OK" to exit the Windows Firewall window.
- Start The Uncorked Cellar.
- Windows Firewall should then ask whether you want to keep blocking or unblock. Select "Unblock".
McAfee Personal Firewall (from McAfee support)
- Right-click the McAfee icon, point to Personal Firewall, then click Internet Applications.
- In the Permissions list, right-click the permission level for an application, and click Delete Application Rule.
- The next time the application requests Internet access, you can set its permission level to re-add it to the list.
Norton Internet Security
NIS has a bug where an update to The Uncorked Cellar will automatically block that program from accessing the Internet. This is a very common problem. The Symantec Web site now has documentation on connection problems. Or read these step-by-step configuration instructions.
Note: there is a report that it defaults to allow only outbound connections.
If NIS freezes up while changing settings:
- Open up Norton Internet Security -> Personal Firewall -> Configure -> Programs
- Click the first item in the Manual Program Control list.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the program rules.
- Click Remove (this will wipe the programs list clean).
- If you see a warning message, click YES to remove the rules.
Next, run a program scan...
- Click PROGRAM SCAN
- Select drive C and click NEXT.
- When it's done scanning click "Check all"
- NEXT to go to the next page, and click FINISH.
Make sure the Rules Wizard firewall policy is on.
Some firewalls (e.g. Sygate) block ICMP traffic by default. There are times when your computer needs to exchange ICMP type 3 and type 4 data with the gateway, and if that traffic is blocked, you will get web timeouts and failed ftp uploads. To unblock it in Sygate, see this post.
Note: Closing the ZoneAlarm window by clicking on the 'X' in the upper right does not stop the firewall! It just minimizes the window to the system tray. To shut it down (briefly!) for debugging, right click on the icon in the tray.
You can allow or deny Internet access for a program at any time. To do this, open the ZoneAlarm control center, select "Program Control" on the left, "Programs" on the top, find the program (e.g., The Uncorked Cellar) in that list, and make sure there is a (green) v check mark in the "Access Internet" column. If that doesn't work, right click on the The Uncorked Cellar entry and select "Remove". The next time you access The Uncorked Cellar, ZA should ask you if you want to allow access or not.
Note: Settings | Control Panel | "Add or Remove Programs" may not actually uninstall the firewall! The ZoneAlarm user interface (control center) may be uninstalled, leaving the VSMON firewall running. This would give the user the false impression that the firewall was not running, when in fact it could still be blocking Internet access.
The eTrust Firewall by Computer Associates is based on ZoneAlarm, so the instructions are similar.
- Double click the EZ Firewall icon in the system tray.
- Ensure that the ?Lock? icon at the top is in the unlocked position.
- To the left of the window, click ?Program Control?.
- Click the ?Programs? tab from the top.
- Look for your internet program (e.g. "The Uncorked Cellar") and ensure that the permissions under ?Access? and ?Server? have a green check mark (allow).
- Once this is done, try accessing the internet again. You should get a firewall alert asking for access permission.
Note: For other firewall issues involving ZoneAlarm and eTrust, see this article.
2. Scan your PC for spyware programs
Some spyware programs hijack Internet connections so that other programs don't work anymore. Almost always the user doesn't know that he has spyware installed. Test your hard disk with one of the following free tools:
- Safer Networking anti-spyware
- LavaSoft anti-spyware
3. Adjust your anti-virus tool
If your anti-virus tool is causing you problems,add " cellar.exe " ( The Uncorked Cellar ) to the list of allowed programs in your anti-virus program so that The Uncorked Cellar can control MS Internet Explorer. Older versions of Panda Anti-virus can also cause connection problems.
These steps are the most common solutions to Internet connection problems.
Also make sure that you use the latest version of MS Internet Explorer and the latest version of The Uncorked Cellar. MS Internet Explorer does not have to be your default browser. It just must be installed on your computer.