Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Add cases to cellar without assigning rackspace (Read 1503 times)
UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Add cases to cellar without assigning rackspac
Reply #4 - 10/27/10 at 22:13:08

To allocate a tag number per record, go to Tools, Options, Tags and Racks and tick "1 Tag per Record"

The software can then automatically allocate a unique tag number for you as you add each record, and behave the way you expect.

You can also use the "Location" field to denote where you have placed the case defined by the particular record

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

tolitski

Uncork User

Reply #3 - 10/27/10 at 18:55:58

We don't usually "break the case" into bottles in this particular cellar. I was looking into a feature on which a single barcode can be generated every time a record is added ie. a case of 12 rather having a to scan in twelve barcodes.
I noticed that we have to manually generate an unique sku per case after the record is added. also I want to use the location (user field) to "locate" the specific case in the rack. I want to see if this is something I can use later for reporting.

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #2 - 10/23/10 at 00:08:41

You can assign 1 tag per record by going to Tools, Options, Tags and Racks then tick "1 Tag per Record"

I personally allocate a tag per bottle even when the wine in cases. For unopened cases, I tape the 12 tags to the outside of the case, then attach the tags to the remaining bottles when I open the first one.

That way, whenever I remove ANY bottle from my cellar, I can place the tag to one side, then scan all of the tags when I am next at my computer to remove them from inventory

While on the subject of cases, I have a "cases" rack 12 bottle high, so that each column represents one case. I can then easily move them from bulk storage to another rack whenever that becomes appropriate. You can add all 12 bottle sto a column at once by double clicking the appropriate column heading in the Rack wizard.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

tolitski

Uncork User

Reply #1 - 10/22/10 at 23:22:20

How do I assign barcodes on cases? I have warehouse racks instead of bottle racks? I like the UI of the software and I really want to purchase it but I need to know if this is possible..

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Add cases to cellar without assigning rackspace
10/07/07 at 00:33:12

From David...

Q: I have several cases of wine in my cellar - but not on the racks
Is it possible to add the cases to the cellar without assigning rack space?

A: Yes
When the rack wizard is shown, press the button "Clear Selected Rack Locations"
You can also turn off rack allocation for all bottles by clearing the box marked "Automatically allocate bottles to rack"

Uncork Support

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print