Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I configure rack shapes (Read 368 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
How do I configure rack shapes
10/28/07 at 03:39:50

From Tom...

Q: I recently purchased your The Uncorked Cellar software and I have downloaded the latest version.  I would like to know how to configure two types of racks that do not seem to be automatically accommodated by the software at present.  The first is diamond shaped bins that hold 12 to 14 bottles each in full bins and lesser amounts (usually 3 bottles) in the "triangles" at the edges (see picture below):

Also, I have racks that hold wooden wine cases stacked on top of each other holding 6 or 12 bottles each. The description of the visual wine rack feature on your web site says: You can also configure the winerack for customs shapes and sizes by making any location "unavailable".  Could you please explain how this feature (or some other feature) could be used to create visual racks of these two types?

A: 1. The diamond rack.
These are (obviously) the most difficult ones to configure. You will find examples showing how to do this at http://www.uncork.biz/faq_custom_racks.htm
(look at the very bottom of the page for diamond examples)

2. Cases
You can setup a virtual rack in much the same manner, but I would instead create a rack 12 (or 6) bottles high, with each column representing a case. That way, you can add an entire case at once by double clicking the column heading

P20397B1.jpg (17 KB | )
P20397B1.jpg

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print