Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vista vs XP (Read 826 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Vista vs XP
Reply #2 - 12/09/07 at 22:18:56

The cellar and its backup CSV holds a link to your label images rather than the actual image itself.

To migrate the images to your PC running windows Vista, copy the image files from your PC running Windows XP to a folder of exactly the same name and path to your pc running Vista.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

DaveK
Beta User

Uncork User
florida
Re: Vista vs XP
Reply #1 - 12/09/07 at 21:55:22

i have been using a thumb drive to move information between an xp pro laptop and a vista ultimate laptop.  other than loosing wine labels in the transition the moves have been seamless[email][/email]

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Vista vs XP
11/21/07 at 06:49:40

From David

Q: my laptop runs vista which is what I will use to load wines from the cellar BUT my desktop runs XP pro which is where I will
run the program & delete wines. The laptop will only be used for stock taking.

Once I load software on laptop will it be able to "talk to the XP version" or not?

A: Yes it will, but the default cellar folder will be different on the two pc's - because Microsoft changed the rules and folders when they went to Vista. (If you are interested in what these folders are, see the help under "System Requirements".)

If you have your pc's on a wireless network, setup a shared folder and save your cellar in that folder, then both PC's will be able to view the one cellar. If you do not have your pc's on a network, you can still export your cellar from your PC, then restore it on your laptop

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print