Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transfer of software to new computer (Read 938 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Transfer of software to new computer
Reply #3 - 01/01/08 at 00:10:55

The 2008 version is now released - so if you have not completed adding tags to your cellar you can now do it with the one command.

There are many other improvements with the 2008 version - which you can read about at http://www.uncork.biz/whatsnew.htm

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

gsinman

New Registered Uncork
User
Mixhigan USA
Reply #2 - 12/31/07 at 23:33:23

Cool Feature... wish you had it last week.  I allocated tags to each bottle in turn... I just started collecting so the celler is still pretty small.

Keep up the good work.

Greg

gsinman  
IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 12/30/07 at 22:02:14

To transfer your cellar from an XP computer to a new Vista computer
On your old computer,
  • Export your cellar to a CSV file, then copy that CSV file to a folder on your new computer where you can find it.

On your new computer,
  • Download The Uncorked Cellar from www.uncork.biz/download.htm to your new Vista computer and install it.
  • Enter your existing registration name and key so that this is a registered copy (Our licence conditions allow you to run the software on multiple computers provided it is you operating the software)
  • Create a new cellar
  • RESTORE the csv file you transfered from your XP computer using the menu command "Cellar, Restore from backup CSV file"

To add tag numbers to barcode your entire cellar with the 2007 version you have to select each wine in turn.

Wait for the 2008 version due later this week as it has a new menu item "Tools, Allocate a Tag Number to Every Bottle"

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

cambo1

Uncork User

Transfer of software to new computer
12/30/07 at 15:02:35

I am currently using uncorked on a laptop using Windows XP. I have a new laptop now with Vista and need to find out how to transfer my cellar over to Vista. I am also going to begin barcoding after the changeover and wanted to know the easiest way to barcode my entire cellar in the least amount of time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print