Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If I had 40 cases of wine..... (Read 410 times)
UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
If I had 40 cases of wine.....
01/27/08 at 11:59:38

From Lance

Q: If I had The Uncorked Cellar on a laptop, a laserjet printer + barcode reader and 40 cases of wine, how would I proceed.....

A: The best way I can answer this is to tell you what I do.

a) I store my magnums separate from 750ml bottles
b) I store my best wines in a specific part of the rack - away from most of the others bottles so they dont get selected accidentally if I send someone else in to get a wine. I use printable neck tags for these bottles so I can find what is in any bottle without disturbing any of its neighbors.

Then I sort my bottles according to their estimated peak year and store them accordingly, so a particular column of the rack holds wines with a particular estimated peak year - so I always know where to go even if I'm in a rush and dont have a chance to fire up The Uncorked Cellar first.

Other than my best wines, I use the Vinote Neck tags - simply because that is easier when adding the wines, and it is less important if I happen to move a neighboring bottle when I'm browsing....

Irrespective of the neck tags I am using (Printable or Vinote numbered) I leave the neck tags in my cellar until the end of the week, then uncork all of them at once by using the scanner.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print