Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Printer control in UC (Read 2192 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Printer control in UC
Reply #3 - 10/10/08 at 22:16:55

I'm not sure if you expected an answer - but I assure you your comments are in our suggestion list and do get considered every release - so hang in there.... every suggestion we get to add to the repoprt system adds to the weight of a revamp to this part of the product.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Strider
Beta User

Uncork User
Ottawa, Canada
Reply #2 - 10/10/08 at 16:36:58

Uncork Support wrote on 10/09/08 at 22:03:18:
Unfortunately Reports and printer control is not the focus of the next release - but I have added your suggestions to the development suggestion list

Yeah, I get the same response from Brian, too. It's not a very satisfactory reply, but obviously all I am going to get since I first brought this issue up a couple of years ago.  I will continue to evaluate all the Wine Management products available to see which product most closely meets my expectations and needs and where best to spend my money. Thanks anyway.

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 10/09/08 at 22:03:18

Unfortunately Reports and printer control is not the focus of the next release - but I have added your suggestions to the development suggestion list

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Strider
Beta User

Uncork User
Ottawa, Canada
Printer control in UC
10/09/08 at 14:41:26

I continue to be frutrated by the inability of UC to control printer functions directly. Since I normally keep my printer setting on B&W and low quality as a default, but wish to print my UC reports in colour and higher quality, it is necessary to go to my Windows printer controls and reset my default printer settings (and then later set them back) to get the quality reports I want from UC.

This sort of printer control is a standard part of almost every common software pckage. Why isn't it part of UC?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print