Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tag Printing (Read 1940 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Tag Printing
Reply #6 - 11/05/08 at 20:30:20

It sounds like the problem with only three rows being printed is that your expanded fields may have strayed beyond the nominal tag size - and the printer interpreted this as needing more space (and started a new column)

Thanks for letting us know you are now OK

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

alobartn

Uncork User
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reply #5 - 11/05/08 at 13:30:49

H'mm. Bummer about the toner not adhering. It's a newfangled color laser printer. Perhaps HP's newer printers use black toner with different characteristics than older versions. I've never had this problem either. However, I was able to print with an inkjet.

The missing row issue is interesting. I did have the correct A4 paper selected. Turns out that after doing incremental saves I was able to isolate the problem. When reducing the font to 8 point for certain fields, the bottom row would vanish in the preview. I was finally able to print, but of course not formatted how I'd like. As I'm not a programmer, in my ignorance I blame it on a glitch. Much time used, but happy I can print now.

Adam

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #4 - 11/05/08 at 05:45:54

We have not seen this ghosting before on other laser printers, and the problem has not been reported by other users. It appears that for some reason, the toner is not adhering to the tags properly.

If you have an inkjet you can use, you may need to print the tags using the inkjet printer. If you do not have an alternate printer you can use, please return the tags and we will refund your purchase.

The problem of only showing 3 rows despite defining 4 is usually an indication that the paper size has not been set to A4 for this printer. Please make sure that you have selected the printer and A4 paper size BEFORE you get to the print-preview page.

If you are still having problems, please send an email to support@uncork.biz with your phone number and a suitable time after 5pm Indianna time so we can arrange a remote support session with you. This will allow us to see your screen during the remote support session and suggest what may be causing the problem

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

alobartn

Uncork User
Reply #3 - 11/04/08 at 21:02:32

Also, here's a print preview from the print menu. In spite of specifying 4 rows, it shows 3. When printing to an ink jet, it prints those 3 rows, and not a 4th. I don't get this. I promise I'm computer literate!

Untitled-1.jpg (177 KB | )
Untitled-1.jpg

Adam

IP Logged

alobartn

Uncork User
Reply #2 - 11/04/08 at 19:47:54

Got it, thanks.

Now there's a new problem that only occurs when printing on this specific paper. See attached image. Ghosting makes the tags unreadable. It's a new HP laser printer. I've tried setting it for regular paper, card stock, glossy card stock. Same issue each time. Works fine with regular paper. Must I use an ink jet or something?

scan0001.jpg (207 KB | )
scan0001.jpg

Adam

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 11/03/08 at 21:41:24

The most likely problem is that you have not set the paper size on your printer.
You should set the paper size on the Report Setup popup which will appear before the full sheet preview is shown.

The correct size for the Tag sheets is A4.

I suggest you try using blank sheets of paper until you are happy with the results so that you do not waste any tag sheets.

reportsetup.jpg (74 KB | )
reportsetup.jpg

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

alobartn

Uncork User
Tag Printing
11/03/08 at 17:28:06

After purchasing tags from Uncorked, I'm unsure of how to format the report template. The individual tags look great on the screen, but before I print, the print preview shows only 3 rows. I don't want to print and waste tags. What are the suggested paper and margin sizes?

Thanks,

Adam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print