Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tag/Label Printing Default settings (Read 778 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Tag/Label Printing Default settings
Reply #2 - 12/13/08 at 21:24:59

When printing tags, The Uncorked Cellar presumes that you are printing on the standard tags we provide, and pre-selects Portrait/A4 paper selection.

If you are using a custom label printer, you will need to manually re-enter the custom size and orientation each time you print.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Tag/Label Printing Default settings
Reply #1 - 12/12/08 at 21:33:54

Hi Jim

It soulds like there is a problem with recalling your previous printer preferences.

Please go to "help, about" abd click on our email address. That will attach a copy of your configuratrion file to an email ready to send to us. That will allow us to reproduce your setup here.

1. I can comment on this after seeing your configuration

2. This will be related to your printer margins. Try adjusting the paper margins on the report setup popup.

3. The best way is to print your tags as a batch. Having printed one tag, you can print subsequent tags by using the menu command "Cellar Print a Report" then selecting the "[ Tags not yet printed ]" report

4. There is not a specific barcode font. The barcode is a graphic encoded representation of the tag number. If your tags does not have a barcode, you can insert a tag on your label by going to the tag layout wizard, right-clicking on the tag and selecting "add a barcode".

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

JGenstein

Uncork User

Tag/Label Printing Default settings
12/12/08 at 21:06:38

HELP! I'm going CRAZY

I have just purchased the software and am really happy for the most part, but a couple of crazy issues don't seem right.

1) I have defined a Label and stored it in teh software, essentially a 3.5" wide by 1.125" tall label. (Standard US Label Size) I want to print these labels and affix them to the bottom back of a bottle.

The software properly recalls my label format each time I try to assign and print labels, BUT the Printer Defualts need to be "landscape", with a custom label size of 3.5" x 1.125", Each time I go to print these defaukt back to portrait and a4, This is growing quite annoying having to manually key in these values each time. What am I doing wrong why can't I get it to save my setting s as the default?

2) Each time I print the software seems to spit out an extra Form feed at the end of printing and I get a blank label that is un necessary, how can I stop this from happening?

3) Is tehre a way to tell the software I want to print these lables, have them enter a ques but not to print yet, and then go onto other bottles, without printing out the first set of lables, and at some point in the future click print and have all of the labels that were qued from before print out as a batch?

Having to stop and print each label, while I am in each bottle record is slowing me down tremendously.

4) Lastly is there a barcode font that should be showing up in my system for label printing? I can't seem to find one to select from the list inorder to print. I am running Windows XP

Thanks in adavnce for your guidance and help.

-JIM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print