Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wine rack config (Read 962 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: wine rack config
Reply #3 - 02/26/09 at 23:44:09

Hi Riquib

Each square always represents a BOTTLE - not a bin

With the second option I proposed, each COLUMN represents a bin - and the number of rows represents the maximum number of bottles in that bin.

OK?

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

riquib

Uncork User

Reply #2 - 02/26/09 at 23:20:45

perhaps I wasn't clear.........the configuration I'm on to it.....but if each square represents a bin and in my cellar each bin can hold 16 bottles and often times I'll have 6 bottles of  green and red zin along with 8 bottles of Rombauer zin.....how would the program be able to show that in the same location I have two different wines?  thanks for your time.

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 02/26/09 at 06:28:44

Hi Riquib

With Diamond shaped racks you have two choices.
Option 1.
----------
Create a rack showing the actual shape by making the cellars around it "unavailable:, then place each bottle in the remaining available locations within the diamonds.
See http://www.uncork.biz/faq_custom_racks.htm#Diamond or http://www.uncork.biz/faq_custom_racks.htm#MultiDiamond for examples of this technique

Option 2.
----------
Ignore the atcual shape, and create a rectangular rack where each column represents one diamond.

With this latter option, you can fill the rack with the one wine by double clicking the top (heading) row - or you can place different bottles anywhere in that column.

Ignore the row number, because the column number now represents the (diamond) bin number

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

riquib

Uncork User

wine rack config
02/26/09 at 06:11:56

Each cube in my diamond shaped cellar rack can hold 16 bottles.  I often times have split cases occupying the same cube in the rack.  I don't see a way to store more than one varietal in the same rack when designing the  "virtual cellar".  Any suggestions other than changing the depth?

thanks, riquib Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print