Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Image file location (Read 2274 times)
ila0

Uncork User

Re: Image file location
Reply #4 - 03/04/09 at 11:42:45

Thanks - working with the mapped drive is working, all the permissions are fine. (I was just curious about the need to map and understand now - mapping is not a major inconvenience as one directory on the server was already being mapped for another software package.) All is well and I am quite happily uncorking bottles...  Smiley

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #3 - 03/04/09 at 00:19:07

In that case the problem is probably due to protection applied on your server. Make sure that the specific image folder allows read/write access from your PC. If all else fails, copy the images to a common folder on your PC.

The mapping is required because the image link is currently interpeted as a file link, not a url link.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

ila0

Uncork User

Reply #2 - 03/04/09 at 00:04:42

Thanks, that does seem to work - just out of curiosity, why is the mapping necessary?

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 03/02/09 at 22:29:47

Hi Ilao

The image does not need to be on your local PC, but if it is not on a local drive, the reference must be via a mapped drive, so that it can be referred to as (for example) x:\folder\filename.jpg

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

ila0

Uncork User

Image file location
03/02/09 at 13:01:10

Hello,

I am a new user trying to add images to records in my cellar database. The database is stored on a server and this works quite well. I see that if I try to add an image to a particular record, then in the CSV backup (and, I assume, in the .clr file) there is a link to the image on the server. However, the image doesn't appear when I pull up the record. The only way I seem to be able to get the image to appear is if it is on the local drive of my computer.

I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly and would appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print