Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Delete racks (Read 1495 times)
Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Delete racks
Reply #5 - 04/02/09 at 23:43:04

Excellent - thanks for letting me know you're now OK

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

ila0

Uncork User

Reply #4 - 04/02/09 at 17:43:06

Thanks - the problem seems to have taken care of itself. I thought I would try moving the bottles to a new cellar file. I renamed the existing file (planning to create a new file with the old name) and went into it and for some reason was now able to delete the empty rack successfully. So I just renamed the existing file back again. All is well again!

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #3 - 04/01/09 at 05:22:26

Please go to "Help, About" and click on our email address. That will open your email client with a copy of your configuration file attached. Please also attach a backup CSV of your cellar and send the email, so we can advise further.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

ila0

Uncork User

Reply #2 - 03/31/09 at 12:17:42

Thanks for the suggestion about the "automatically allocate" button - I had overlooked that.

As to deleting racks, they are indeed empty but still do not delete. There are no bottles to move out, unless they are somehow hidden.

I suppose I could move the existing bottles to a "new" cellar and start over but it shouldn't be necessary to do this.

IP Logged

Uncork Support
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 03/30/09 at 22:06:19

The software will not let you delete a rack while it still contains bottles, so move all of the bottles to another rack before deleting it.

To change the rack that new bottles are allocated to, go to "Tags and Racks" and change the Rack selected in "Automatically allocate bottles to rack...."

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

ila0

Uncork User

Delete racks
03/30/09 at 17:11:39

Hello,

I have reorganized my wine storage and have therefore created new "racks" within the Uncorked program to reflect the change. However, whenever I try to delete the old (and empty) racks, nothing happens.

I click on the "Tags & Racks" button, click in the "Rack" field, and select "Delete Rack." I select the rack to delete, get a dialogue box to confirm the delete, and click on "Yes." Nothing happens, and the rack remains there.

The problem is that the program keeps trying to allocate new bottles to the old racks; I then have to move them to the new racks.

How do I fix this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print