Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Winerys in database (Read 1367 times)
Donnaclif

Uncork User

Re: Winerys in database
Reply #4 - 10/29/09 at 10:28:21

but admin i have also said that we are just half way through (50%).. we are trying hard and working to collect more info on it...

ViVino: The Biggest Wine Database
391885513 flaminjo  
IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #3 - 10/26/09 at 10:42:51

"The Biggest Wine Database" refered to above lists 2830 USA wines, so please dont believe their claims.

This compares with over 100,000 USA wines and 5,500 USA wineries in The Uncorked Cellar.
Make sure that you select the country first, then type a few letters of the winery name to list their wines

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Donnaclif

Uncork User

Reply #2 - 10/26/09 at 09:54:36

Packmeister wrote on 09/01/09 at 00:23:34:
I like Uncorked  Smiley. I would like to use it to track my wine. But, the wines I buy are (almost) never in the database. I know there are a billion vinyards in the world. But I live in the US and buy nationally sold wine from Wine stores. I'm just disappointed my wines aren't in the database. All of these Unknown wineries have websites.
Is there something we can do to help expand the database?

it takes a little time to collect all the info, i have devoted almost an year to make my wine database look 50% complete, i am working on it, will have more info.. in the mean time have a look at my collection of wineries  in US at
http://www.vivino.com/united-states/
and do rate some of your favorite wnes!

ViVino: The Biggest Wine Database
391885513 flaminjo  
IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 09/01/09 at 00:31:58

Hi Packmeister

The 2009 version of The Uncorked Cellar lists.....

Over 25,000 wineries
Over 99,000 wines
Over 260,000 vintages of those wines

Note that only the first 500 matching wines are displayed at any one time, so please ensure that you have selected the country first, and that you have entered a few letters of the winery's name in the winery field.

Despite our best efforts, not all wineries choose to send us information about their wines, so the database naturally will still be incomplete.

You can contribute information about wines in your cellar by using the menu command Tools, Add to the Uncork Database and we will review, then follow up with the winery in question to ensure we add them to our already extensive range of wines listed.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

Packmeister

Uncork User
Winerys in database
09/01/09 at 00:23:34

I like Uncorked  Smiley. I would like to use it to track my wine. But, the wines I buy are (almost) never in the database. I know there are a billion vinyards in the world. But I live in the US and buy nationally sold wine from Wine stores. I'm just disappointed my wines aren't in the database. All of these Unknown wineries have websites.
Is there something we can do to help expand the database?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print