Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What have I done this time.. (Read 2767 times)
UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: What have I done this time..
Reply #8 - 09/05/10 at 07:51:18

Hi Ralph

Scan the barcode on the tag (or type its number in the tag field if you dont have a barcode reader) and that particular bottle will be selected and displayed.

Alternatively, Select the wine via any means, then click on the drop-down on the tag list and select the appropriate tag.

You can then click the "Uncork" button to uncork it.

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

WineChef

Uncork User

Reply #7 - 09/04/10 at 16:22:14

follow up...

If I make the tag field wide, it all tag numbers show up in printed form, but not in program input/ view form

Ralph

IP Logged

WineChef

Uncork User

Reply #6 - 09/04/10 at 16:16:28

I just thought I would post to my folder here..the topic still applies Smiley

I add 3 bottles to the celler and now I want to uncork one. I dont see the tag number for the bottle..the entry shows 3 bottles, but only one of the tag numbers..If I sort by tag number..it skips the number I am looking for..I think somewhere I have done somthing all wrong and am concerding starting over with a fresh celler. I have too many work arounds and its hard to find the wine etc.  Lips Sealed

Ralph

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #5 - 06/24/10 at 00:47:57

Issue solved via remote support

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

WineChef

Uncork User

Reply #4 - 06/23/10 at 21:09:20

That  did not fix it, but I am getting closer..

I unchecked Allicate tags and racks from that same drop down and now it only adds the one bottle, but it doesnt give me the chance to put a tag number on it

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #3 - 06/23/10 at 00:16:54

The most lkikely cause is that  you still have the Sample Rack selected as your default rack, so The Uncorked Cellar adds the bottle to this rack when you add wine to your cellar - and you are not removing it before changing racks and adding a botle to another rack.

Go to "Tools,, Options, Tags and Racks" then in "Rack Allocation" select the rack you want as the default

Please let me know whether this solves the problem

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

WineChef

Uncork User

Reply #2 - 06/22/10 at 22:03:53

OK...I did it and the restore seemed to work, but I am still having the problem where I add one bottle and 2 go into the list Sad

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 06/22/10 at 04:34:38

It sounds like you have copied the entire folder from an XP system to a sub-folder of the "Program Files" program

Windows 7 and Vista changed the rules and block normal programs writing to any files under the "Program Files" folder.

Move this folder somewhere else (so you have a backup), then Download and install a fresh install from www.uncork.biz/download.htm, then follow the steps in the help under "How do I... Migrate from Windows XP to Vista or Windws 7"

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

WineChef

Uncork User

What have I done this time..
06/21/10 at 21:58:35

I just xfered program and data to new computer..win 7. As I try to add wines to the celler I have to put the tag number in by hand which is how I want to do it, but the cellar keeps going back to "sample cellar"  when I change to my celler and add the bottles, it doubles the number of bottles. If I am adding 3...it also adds another 3 for a total of 6...the second 3 get default tag numbers and don't have a location in the celler...

Yesterday when I was uncorking bottles, the count simply went to zero if it was the last bottle, but it stayed there with the listing of that wine...so If I had one bottle of wine X and uncorked it..it still shows wine X, just now the count is zero...is that different/ correct ?

Ralph

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print