Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Labels not printing right (Read 1367 times)
UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Labels not printing right
Reply #3 - 03/16/11 at 03:23:50

Excellent - thanks for letting us know that adjustment worked OK for your printer

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

RDavidP
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/15/11 at 23:45:09

Changing the 5mm to 10mm was a start.  After tinkering with that value, I found that 12mm was about right.

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 03/15/11 at 04:02:08

Check that you have selected A4 AND the correct printer on the Report Setup popup just BEFORE the preview is shown

If you have selected A4 and the correct printer here, your printer driver may be using a non-standard offset

Try increasing the Top page offset from 5mm (for example to 10mm) and see if this makes any difference.

Experiment by using a blank sheet of paper - select the option to show a border around the tags so you can see what is happening - and only print the tags of one record (via the Rack and Tag Wizard) so you can print just a couple of labels.

If you still have problems, please send an email to support@uncork.biz with your phone number and time-zone and we will schedule a remote support session to get you going

Either way, please let us know how you get on

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

RDavidP
Ex Member

Labels not printing right
03/15/11 at 03:21:40

I just received my packet of 560 printable lables from Uncork.biz.  The labels are 48mm x 20mm.  When I go into the tag layout, I select the Default Label 4 x 14 button as that sets the tag to the size listed on the paper packet.  I leave the default tag dsplay as is which shows year, tag ID, winery, label, variety, and then the barcode.  I leave all settings for at default which is:
Space between Tags Width: 3.00mm  Height 0.00mm
Columns 4
Rows 14
Page Offsets Left 2.00mm Top 5.00mm

I then select the print button and tell it to start with the upper left corner tag.
I select my printer, the page orientation is Portrait, and paper size is A4.
Page Margins in Millimeters:  Left: 9.91   Right: 9.91  Top: 9.91   Bottom:9.91

I then get a preview of the print out, make sure the paper is loaded corretly and the printer is set for A4, and then hit the printer button.  The printer starts printing the tag at the very top of the paper instead of on the first tag, and now the tags are all off.  What could I be doing wrong?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print