Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Merging backup & log (Read 2224 times)
UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Re: Merging backup & log
Reply #7 - 05/02/11 at 23:31:58

Thanks Curtis - they have arrived this time. I'll review them asap and get back to you by direct email

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

curtis-r

Uncork User
San Francisco, CA, USA
Reply #6 - 05/02/11 at 23:21:51

Odd that you haven't received them b/c I see them in my gmail sent box, with the correct address support@uncork.biz.  I'll forward them again right now.

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #5 - 05/02/11 at 23:15:51

Your files have not arrived yet - please send again to support@uncork.biz (note the .biz not .com)

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

curtis-r

Uncork User
San Francisco, CA, USA
Reply #4 - 05/02/11 at 15:09:32

I've been using Win7x64 for over 1/2 a year, but the Uncorked data resides on a network server.  I've never had any problems until now.  I theorize that the PC might have been shutdown or something, while Uncorked was closing, but I'm not positive.  I emailed the files to you last night.

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #3 - 05/02/11 at 04:36:41

Have you upgraded your PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 (or Vista ?)

Windows Vista and Windows 7 DEMAND different data folders, and block any attempts by the program to save data files under the programs folder - but without returning any error to us)

To upgrade from Windows XP to Vista or Windows 7 you must follow the procedure in the help under "How do I... Migrate from Windows XP to Vista or Windws 7"

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

curtis-r

Uncork User
San Francisco, CA, USA
Reply #2 - 05/02/11 at 04:29:47

Not sure why, but the most recent automatic Uncorked backup is from 3/20/11.  I'll email you the files you requested and hopefully you can make something of them.  Thanks.

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 05/02/11 at 03:06:33

Unfortunately you cannot merge the transaction log and backup CSV to add or uncork the wines you added or consumed since 20 March

You should still have a backup CSV of your cellar from (just prior) to the changes you made on the most recent day you used The Uncorked Cellar.

It's name is "backup [date] of [cellar-name].csv" and by default is in your cellar folder

Save your current cellar and logfile somwhere safe, then RESTORE the backup CSV ffile via the menu command "Cellar, Restore from backup CSV". You will then need to add or uncork any wines you canged on the last day.

If you need more help, please send both your backup CSV and the transaction logfile to support@uncork.biz - and we can at least tell you what wines you will have to add or uncork again

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

curtis-r

Uncork User
San Francisco, CA, USA
Merging backup & log
05/02/11 at 02:54:38

Somehow my cellar file got corrupt, going from around 900 bottles to 49.  And in true fashion, something recently went wrong with my weekly backup script I wrote, so my last backup is March 20th.  I have the *.log file, which has info from 3/20/11 to 4/29/11, but am not 100% clear on how to merge the log data with my 3/20/11 backup.  Any guidance?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print