Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to The Uncorked Cellar user forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More Jan 2012 upgrade issue (Read 11918 times)
UKuser

Re: More Jan 2012 upgrade issue
Reply #6 - 04/01/12 at 11:59:28

Files have been e-mailed, as requested.

I am trying to print labels but the wines I  added tags to yesterday do not print barcodes. Please see attached file.

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #5 - 04/01/12 at 10:58:53

We are unable to help without seeing your cellar or configuration

Please go to Help, About and click on our support email address - that will open your email client with a copy of your config file attached. Please also add a backup CSV of your cellar and send the email to us.

( I was also unable to read the image you posted - please also attach the image to the email you send to support@uncork.biz )

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

UKuser

Reply #4 - 04/01/12 at 10:46:57

More random events. See mismatch of the detail and summary on this entry (we obviously keep other alcohol in the cellar).

Finally found a way around the label issue although some labels don't print barcodes. Any idea why?

I have all margins set to 0 with the label report settings as 60,32,2,0,3,7,7,17 (reading down, left to right). The label sheet is A4 with 3x7, 64mmx38mm labels with 0 mm between labels vertically and 3 mm horizontally. Page margins don't seem to have any affect at all nor does the Space Between Tags Height. It would appear that the software redistributes labels vertically so that the distance between labels is evenly distributed. I would like to be able to use the whole of the label. Is there a way around this?

uncorked_mismatch.jpg (94 KB | 162 )
uncorked_mismatch.jpg

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #3 - 04/01/12 at 10:42:02

This can occur when requests to the GWS website/server time out.

Requests to GWS are also suspended while you have the rack wizard open - to avoid record conflicts when updating values.

Either way, The Uncorked Cellar will resume from that particular wine the next time you start The Uncorked Cellar.

You need not wait for the GWS valuation to conclude before making other changes to your cellar - you can safely add wines, modify records etc while the GWS valuation update is in progress

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

UKuser

Reply #2 - 04/01/12 at 09:55:47

Hi

I will send files later but I need to have this cellar labelled and inventoried by the time the gentleman who owns it returns from his holiday this evening.

I cannot get GWS to retrieve values. I finally went to be last night thinking it would sort itself out but it continues to stall. It has been at 18% for the last ten minutes...sometimes it comes up with a bar that says 'Update paused - Resume ' which I can click and it resumes but other times it just sits there without progressing. I have not been beyond 31%. What is the problem?

I am still on XP.

Thanks

IP Logged

UncorkSupport
Administrator

The Uncorked Cellar
Uncork
Reply #1 - 03/31/12 at 22:47:22

Hi

1. Upgrade
It sounds like you upgraded from XP to Windows 7 as part of the upgrade - or have otherwise installed to a custom folder.

Please go t Help, About and click on our support email address - that will open your email client with a copy of your config file attached. Please also add a backup CSV of your cellar and send the email to us.

2. Cellar summary
You can see the total number of bottles by pressing the clear button, or via the menu command "Cellar, Cellar Summary"

3. Printing
Make sure you have selected A4 paper size on the popup before the repoort preview

Uncork Support
The Uncorked Cellar
www.uncork.biz
IP Logged

UKuser

More Jan 2012 upgrade issue
03/31/12 at 21:54:44

This upgrade has not been a happy one!

The GWS username and password were wiped, not too bad but it took me a while to understand that I needed to resync with the database before it would retrieve the values. The cellar page used to show the total number of bottles in the cellar and the cumulative value. Is there a setting to turn that back on?

The reports I had saved seem to have disappeared. Searches on the hard drive have no success. Have they been erased or have they been moved to a secret directory online?

The label report seems unusable at the moment. I tried to recreate the labels I stick on tags (as this seems to have lower waste cost) but I cannot get this to print correctly in spacing terms. In addition, the layout is bizarrely executed: some labels are printed as per the single layout, others have the barcode over the other fields, some have no barcode at all. It isn't a progressive displacement so I don't think this is some kind of overflow/wrap issue. The filter also seems to be random. I haven't changed the filter logic but have had all of the labels , 14 (correct), 10 and 6 show up in the preview.

Please help. We have just had a restock and I need to print a lot of labels to catch up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print